Today was an interesting day in Wendy’s World. I learned a lot. Made some mistakes and just finally got the kitchen cleaned up. At 9pm.
Things I learned today. (Some of them are gross. You’ve been warned. You’re welcome.):
1. Hooking the dryer vent back up to the dryer is harder than it looks. And I’m wishing #TheHubbs was here so he would be the one to have to do it.
2. Having kick-ass kitchen appliances (Kitchen Aid mixer and Cuisinart, I’m looking at you) makes things MUCH easier. But no less messy.
3. Roasting and then grinding fifteen pounds of lamb hearts isn’t as gross as one would think. But it’s still kinda gross.
4. Roasted lamb hearts are very juicy. Very.
5. ALWAYS wear an apron when grinding lamb hearts. (I know you want the deets on this lamb hearts thing, but you’re going to have to wait a little bit. Patience, grasshopper. Check my earlier Daily Brain Vitamin blog posts. I’m sure there’s one about being patient in there somewhere.)
6. Cleaning up after roasting and grinding lamb hearts takes twice as long as you’d think it would.
7. The house smells surprisingly yummy after roasting lamb hearts. Who would’a thunk it?
8. When your mom used to tell you that the edges of a can you just opened with a can opener are sharp, she damn well knew what she was talking about.
9. Dogs will stalk you when they smell roasted lamb hearts. Even the sad, crazy one wearing the cone of shame. (photo opp for Smitty)
10. Leaving the kitchen a mess and going to yoga does not yield a clean kitchen when you return, especially if you’re the only one at home this week (other than the dogs, who really aren’t very helpful at all).
Ok, you’ve been patient. So, the lamb hearts thing – one of our dogs (not the crazy one in the cone of shame. The other one.), has a TON of allergies. Making Summer her mortal enemy and also making her VERY itchy. After a visit to the vet and a eureka moment calculating how much we’ve been spending on special food (her allergies are both environmental and food allergies), I decided to make it. It couldn’t be that hard, right?
And actually it’s not. But it is messy. And time consuming (note to self, next time make sure The Hubbs is home to help). And a little gross. I won’t get into the whole thing here, since I’m actually going to blog about it in the coming days. BUT, I will reward you with a picture. Of fifteen pounds of roasted lamb hearts. You’re welcome.
Is it the weekend yet?